ZOOM! Whitening Reveals Brighter Smiles Near Chagrin Falls
It’s a sad fact that teeth stains are inevitable. Whether they happen because of daily habits like coffee and wine or because of genetics or aging, they are going to mar your smile sooner or later. Fortunately, though, those stains don’t have to stick around. ZOOM! professional teeth whitening near Chagrin Falls may be able to brighten your teeth by several shades in a single appointment with your dentist.
The Benefits of ZOOM!
ZOOM! combines a professional-strength bleaching gel with a special UV light. Working together, they penetrate teeth to destroy stains and reveal a whiter smile. This method has a number of distinct advantages:
- Since your cosmetic dentist near Chagrin Falls will supervise the treatment, you can rest assured that ZOOM! is extremely unlikely to damage your teeth.
- Unlike OTC whitening products, which tend to just address stains that are on the surface of teeth, ZOOM! removes even deep-set discoloration. Your teeth could become up to eight shades brighter during your appointment.
- Including your consultation and the ZOOM treatment itself, your total appointment shouldn’t last more than 90 minutes. Some OTC options, on the other hand, may take weeks or even months to deliver noticeable results.
Getting the Most Out of Your ZOOM! Treatment
If you are diligent about caring for your new look, you can expect your whitening results to last for 2 – 3 years before you need to perform touch-ups or come in for another ZOOM! session. Here are some tips to help you maintain your teeth’s luster for as long as possible:
- Enjoy staining foods and beverages in moderation. Be careful not to overindulge in things like coffee, red wine, and soda.
- Drink staining beverages through a straw. A straw minimizes the amount of contact that liquids have with your teeth, reducing the chances that beverages will discolor your teeth.
- Avoid tobacco. Both cigarettes and chewing tobacco are notorious for causing tooth discoloration.
- Use a whitening toothpaste. This will help remove and prevent surface stains.
- See us for regular checkups. Your dental hygienist or dentist can give you personalized tips on how to maintain excellent oral hygiene and protect your teeth against new stains.
Other Notes About ZOOM!
ZOOM! is an amazing treatment, and it is a viable option for most people who want to achieve brighter teeth. However, it won’t change the color of fillings, bonding, or crowns. If you have such restorations on your front teeth, you might need to consider other cosmetic procedures to transform your smile.
Also, please keep in mind that your teeth may be extra sensitive and vulnerable to new stains in the first 24 – 48 hours after your treatment. It is important that you avoid anything that could discolor or irritate your teeth (such as soda, dark meats, or berries) during this critical window. When you have your procedure, your dentist will give you more detailed instructions on what you can eat and drink immediately following your ZOOM! session.
Are you ready to reveal your smile’s potential? Contact us to learn whether ZOOM is right for you!