Dental Crowns – Pepper Pike, OH
Did you know that teeth are the only part of the human body that cannot heal themselves? That’s why, once damage occurs, your smile may need a crown to bring it back to 100 percent. Our expert team at Dental & Cosmetic Solutions is well-qualified to design and install these restorations so you can get back to enjoying a confident grin and excellent oral health. If you suspect you need dental crowns from our Pepper Pike dentist, please don’t hesitate to contact us to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Dental & Cosmetic Solutions for Dental Crowns?
- High-Quality Porcelain Used for Natural Appearances
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology Available
- Uninsured? We Offer an In-House Membership Plan
What is a Dental Crown?
Traditional dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are custom-made to cover the entire visible part of a tooth. They may be used to:
- Protect a weakened tooth after it has undergone root canal therapy
- Protect a damaged or decayed tooth from further damage
- Restore the appearance and function of a misshapen or otherwise unattractive tooth
- Serve as the visible portion of a complete tooth structure after receiving dental implants
Do I Need Dental Crowns?
The only way to know if you need a dental crown is to meet with your dentist for an appointment. It is during this visit that we will examine your smile in its entirety to determine the severity of the decay or damage. If it cannot be remedied with a tooth-colored filling or cosmetic dentistry, we will likely recommend a dental crown. The following are all viable reasons we might suggest this type of restorative care:
- Protect a vulnerable tooth from further decay or damage
- Restore a broken tooth
- Complete the dental implant process
- To hide any cosmetic imperfections
- To cover and offer maximum support for a tooth that is damaged by an expanded filling
The Dental Crown Process
Receiving a crown begins with a consultation with our dentist , who will examine your mouth and discuss your treatment options. If you decide to receive a traditional crown, the process will go something like this:
- We’ll prepare the teeth that will receive the crowns. Oftentimes, this requires filing them down a bit or filling them so they will fit well under the restorations.
- We’ll take impressions of your teeth and send that data to a laboratory, which will create your beautiful, custom crown.
- You’ll wear a temporary restoration until your permanent one arrives in our dental office. Then, you’ll come back so we can attach your crown.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
The benefits of receiving a dental crown are many, and you can expect our team to go over these with you during your initial appointment. You can expect:
- A natural-looking restoration that is comfortable to wear
- A crown that is easy to clean and maintain
- Greater confidence
- Optimal protection against further reinfection or damage
- A long-lasting restoration that can remain in place for a decade or more as long as you commit to proper care
- Improved oral functionality